I’ve been getting some emails and messages on how I style my hair, so in today’s post I’ll be giving my tips&tricks on how you can style it like mine! This might be a new segment on my blog (grooming).. so keep a look out! Courtesy of Brooklyn Soap Company (Bklynsoap), I was gifted these amazing products; grooming clay, bodywash, and deodorant. Today I’m going to talk about the grooming clay.
I love using pomade or clay to style my hair. There are many types depending on the look you are going for.
1. My hair is really wet when I get out of the shower so I like to use a towel and damp it a little.. not too much but just enough so you can blow dry it. I was gifted these amazing products; grooming clay, bodywash, and deodorant. Today I’m going to talk about the grooming clay.
2. Next, I like to spray on conditioner spray because my hair is very wavy, it gives me that straight hair look.
3. Blow dry helps all the time! I always use a round brush and comb my hair back then to the side. From there, brushing all of my hair all to the right then all to the left. (I learned that from my stylist =]) This helps give your hair a more dimensional look. Giving your hair a natural feel and a lot of volume.
4. Clay or pomade is the best invention ever! Whether you have thick, curly, wavy, or even thin fine/straight hair, find which product you’d like to style your hair. I’m using the grooming clay to texture my hairstyle. For me using clay to style my hair, I try to keep the clean look at a minimum. Applying this, you’ll be able to run your hair with more volume and give the sexy bed head hair look. Ladies and Men love this! Trust me.
5. Using one or two fingers scrape off a bit of some clay. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair back and to the right. Play around with your hair so the products is smooth evenly all over your hair.
6. Then hairspray! Remember don’t use a lot of product and/or hairspray. We want everything to look natural and effortless.
This is my tip on how I style my hair. You can try my steps and tell me what your thoughts are! Or what products you use so maybe I can try it as well.
Happy Monday! Cheers!
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!